Monday, December 26, 2016

Week 71

This Christmas was very amazing! We had a Zone Conference on Tuesday. Sister Alder, Sister Jeffs and I did a musical number! We did The First Noel/Away in a Manger Medley. It was really good! It was fun, because we arranged it ourselves. Everyone liked it, too. Our voices blend really well together!

 We also did some caroling this week! We went on Thursday to a retirement community and sang Christmas carols with the other YSA sisters. It was very fun and inspiring. Then, on Saturday night, we went with some other missionaries and caroled to their ward member and investigators. President and Sister Cooper came in my group, and it was really fun.

When we got home Christmas Eve night we had a sleepover in our living room ! We pulled our mattresses under the Christmas Tree. The next morning, Sister Jeffs and I got up early to make crock pot hot cocoa.  It was delicious. We got ready for the day, opened gifts and then went to church! After church, we went to a senior missionary couple's house for lunch, and I Skyped my family there. Talking with them was so great yesterday. I loved it!  After that, we drove over to the Mission President's house! It was so fun. We had dinner there, and then we got some pictures afterwards. The Coopers also had a fun game there.  There were synonyms for Christmas carol titles on a sheet, and we had to figure out what the actual carol was. Can you guess this one? "Singular yearning for twin anterior incisors."
Then, we drove to the church, and Sister Jeffs called her parents. Then we went home! That was our day. It was fantastic! I am so excited for this upcoming week, as well. Today we have a Zone Activity Day!
M's baptism date is set for Jan 8!  We are so excited. She is so awesome. She loves the church, the Book of Mormon, and the gospel.

Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Minson

My Skype call to my Momma!


Christmas Eve sleepover

Christmas Day on our way to church

Our Christmas tree

Christmas Day at the Mission President's house

Sister Jeffs and I with President and Sister Cooper

So I drove Dennis (the car that is currently in Odessa) for most of my mission. For at least a year. And last night he got hit by a deer and is totaled! Thankfully, the passengers (sister Porter, Sister Swanson, and Sister Jensen) are fine, but the car is very hurt. My car is totaled!


No comments:

Post a Comment