Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 37



I am not a Star Wars fan. I am a missionary. But May the Fourth is just a fun little geek day... it will be in 2 days, and guess what I'll be doing? Missionary work! It's the best kind of work there is.

I have some fun comments. First, Sister Hunt decided that my spirit animal is a cat. Then, a little while later, I made a few comments that apparently helped her decide that I'm not just any cat, I'm a Tim Burton cat. I'm not quite sure if it's right or not, but I enjoy cats, and Tim Burton movies are fun. I'll take it.

Also, Since I've been here for 8 months, I've noticed that there are quite a lot of "NO FISHING" signs basically all over the place. And since I've been here, I've learned why. I saw 10 people fishing in random bodies of water yesterday. YESTERDAY. There were 2 kids riding their bikes, holding fishing poles. A man was fishing in a little lake by his neighborhood, and I saw some people fishing in the big drainage gutters/canals by the side of the road. People in Florida? They love them some fishin'.

Update on Zone Development Day last Monday: We played Volleyball (I think I like playing volleyball. I wish I did it in High School. If only I knew then that I like athletic things.) I now have mostly gotten the hang of serving and things. Of course, I'm not ready to go professional, but hey. I'm a missionary.  We also played Book of Mormon Charades (I got to be Alma in the story of Alma and Amulek. It was pretty fun!), and then we played missionary tag. And we were actually missionaries! That is a rare opportunity. We ate pizza, got to play the piano and sing too. We had a little jam session before District meeting. It was fun!
At Zone Development Day. I'm in the back!
Oh Tuesday. Tuesday we ate Venezuelan food! Oh my gosh it was delicious. They made us something really yummy called Arepas, which are kind of like the Venezuelan version of paninis. They also fed us a really delicious custard, like flan, but better! It was called Quesillo. Oh my goodness. It was pretty yummy. We taught the people who fed us Venezuelan food about the Book of Mormon. We also met some cool Part-Member families. 

Wednesday we had interviews with President Cusick, and we had a pretty awesome rain-storm! I like Florida. Thursday we got to teach N, one of the youth's friends. She is so cool! We read the Book of Mormon with her. We had missionary correlation of Friday, where we talked about our ward mission plan, and we also tracted in a neighborhood called ''Boulevard of the Roses". Almost every street is titled something that is related to Roses. I think it's funny.

This weekend was great, too! We met some really cool people and were able to invite lots of people to come closer to Christ.

It was hot this week, but that is alright. I still love being a missionary, even if I am a sweaty one. Florida is gorgeous! I said that last time but every week I take more pictures and every week I think it's so pretty again!
 

Hope you all have a great week!

With love,
Sister Minson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment