Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 38

Hi everyone! I hope you had a happy mothers day. I know mine was great! I got to talk to my family, and share with them some of the experiences I am having on my mission!

This week was pretty good. The first few days were basically normal. We had an awesome district meeting on Tuesday, and I felt the spirit a lot. We talked about how to keep your eye single to the glory of God. I studied a lot about that this week and focused on what I could do to better be focused on my mission. I don't want to look back and see wasted opportunities. I have found that the more I throw myself in the work, the happier I am (and the faster the time flies. Funny how that works). It was a really good district meeting.

I'd like to share a little of what I learned as I studied with you all, if that's alright:  Keeping your eye single to the glory of God means remaining focused even when things get tough, hard, or distracting.
A perfect example of this is Peter when he walked on water to Christ. In Matthew 14:25-31, it tells the story. Peter, as you can read, jumps out of the boat and walks on water to come to Christ. As soon as he looks away and sees the waves, however, he becomes afraid and begins to sink. He cries out to Christ, and immediately Christ saves him. He asks "wherefore didst thou doubt?" or in other words "Why did you look away from me, Peter? I will not fail you." When we focus on Christ and keep our eyes fixed on Him, He will not fail us. I know that to be true, and I've strengthened my testimony of that as I've served my mission.

We also went and made chocolate covered strawberries with the young women. One of the young women invited a friend who's a nonmember, and she came! We also got to strengthen our relationships with the young women, which was awesome. They are awesome girls. 

I love you all! Hope you have a good week!

With love,
Sister Minson




Our bikes that we won't get to ride much in Odessa because there are no sidewalks here.

No comments:

Post a Comment