Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 29

"There is a time and a place for pictures, and it is usually all the time." Truth!! I took a lot of pictures this week. There are some really pretty ones and I decided to edit them with the Ipad editing features. Florida is gorgeous!


There were a lot of miracles that happened this week. On Tuesday, 3 of our appointments fell through, but God provided us with other people to teach! We were able to set a baptismal date with a woman who has been taught by the missionaries before. I really want to help her progress towards baptism because she needs it. She is amazing, and I love her so much.

On Wednesday, both Sister Hunt and I got to use the languages we learned during High School! We knocked on this door where we thought a member lived, and instead it was a deaf man. Sister Hunt learned sign language in High School, so she was able to talk to him and ask him if he was the member we were looking for. He wasn't, but it was a really cool experience. And then later, we were walking down the street and we saw this woman waiting for a bus. We talked to her, and she only spoke Spanish. So then I was able to use my High School language! I didn't know enough, by far, but I knew enough to understand what she was saying and to talk to her a little about the church. It was so cool because certain words came into my mind as I was trying to think of how to say certain things, and I know that it was the Holy Ghost bringing my high school class to my remembrance. I loved that miracle. The Gift of Tongues is real! (Also, I think I used the correct conjugations without thinking about it. That was a miracle in and of itself). We also ate ice cream after we got home for the night because it was Sister Hunt's one month mark!

Thursday I got a letter from Mom and Dallin! It made me so happy to get those letters. I was feeling a little overwhelmed for some reason and it helped me take things one step at a time, I think. Everyone, send letters please!


Friday we had the opportunity to street contact at an event called "First Friday" on Tarpon Ave. That was really cool! There were a lot of people, but when it started getting dark, people started drinking more, so we didn't stay too long there. And then on Saturday we had a wonderful lesson with a woman we met a few months ago! She loves studying with us and she is really taking everything to heart. I love her so much and we had a great lesson with her.

Also, I got to bear my testimony this Sunday!  It was a great week. We had a lot of fun and it was BEAUTIFUL outside! No sweating, and only a light jacket at night. I love Florida!! Now if only it will stay this temperature for the rest of my mission. Wouldn't that be nice...

With love,
Sister Minson

No comments:

Post a Comment