Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 28

BUGS BUGS BUGS

So Sister Hunt and I are getting bruised because we keep seeing Slug-Bugs everywhere!! Seriously! (Don't worry, we only lightly punch each other when we are in the car or no one is around to see us).
This week was good! It was hard, but it was good.

On Monday we dropped Sister Handley off at the mission office (she was in our companionship for a week, but President transferred her to the mission office because she has to stay off her foot, so we are back to two people) and crammed to get everything else done in time. We also were tracting, got a referral, went and visited that referral, and then that referral invited us in and had us eat dinner with them! She was really nice, but she wasn't interested in learning more. She had made the best ribs and drumsticks I have ever eaten before. MMMM.

District meeting on Tuesday was really effective. We roleplayed and I practiced street contacting. We also met a teenager who was walking home from school and we taught her. She is friends with one of the youth in our ward! We texted him about it. Tuesday night we felt like there was a specific person we needed to find. We drove from area to area, and we tracted, street contacted, and talked to everyone we saw. We tried our best to be diligent, and at the end of the night we met a lady whose dad had just passed away. We were able to teach her and her roommates about the Plan of Salvation, and she was so grateful we came. I know God was leading us to her!

Wednesday was great because we worked hard and we acheived all of our goals! We also were able to serve Wendy and pick up some branches for her. Thursday through Sunday were a little tougher, because not too many people were interested in our message, but we are working hard and won't get discouraged! It was a hard week, but I know that God will help us accomplish all that he needs us to do. We just need to have faith and keep working.

 On Saturday morning, as I was studying, I felt like I needed to get a priesthood blessing. I decided to think about it on Saturday and Sunday, and when Sunday rolled around, I decided that I needed one.  It turned out to be a wonderful experience. He talked to me a lot beforehand about how sometimes missions don't see fruits of labor too quickly, but that a mission will always affect someone's life. The blessing I got gave me so many words of encouragement and advice.

  
Have a good week, all!

With love,
Sister Minson


No comments:

Post a Comment