Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 61

Hello! 
We had Stake Conference this Sunday, and it was crazy! We were taught by Elder Pearson of the Seventy. I saw D and M (my converts from Palm Harbor), as well as their daughter and her new husband! He is very nice. I also saw a man that I taught a few times in Palm Harbor, and then he moved to Hudson and apparently got baptized in June! So that was really cool. The stake is being split, and they are forming an Odessa Stake. We are in the Odessa Stake, but we have the same stake president. The stake conference was good, and some of the things Elder Pearson said were really helpful.

A tender mercy I had this week, was we went slacks shopping again this Saturday morning, and as I went to return another pair (they were patterned) I found a light gray pair of slacks! They didn't have ones in my size the last time we went to the store, but they had one that was in my size. So I bought those, and then we went to Loft and I found 2 slacks that fit and were black and dark gray. So that was a tender mercy, definitely. It is finished! We wore slacks for the first time on Saturday. It is so bizarre. Definitely hot, too!
 
First time outside in pants!! It's so weird.
Me and Sister Porter in the car acting happy when we're stressed :)
We taught R about the Law of Chastity. She had already learned about it with the Elders when they taught her, so we briefly summarized the law itself, and then focused on dating and modesty. We talked about why we wait to date until we are 16, and why we dress modestly and don't get more than 1 piercing in each ear. It was a good lesson, and she said she will pray about it to know from God what she should do about those topics.

This week we went to a basketball game for a less active member! It was good, I think. We met some members of their family, who live in Ocala. Oh! We received a referral from a member in our ward! It is his business partner and friend who lives in Seoul, Korea! He is interested in the gospel. So we wrote a teaching record for him and sent it off. How cool is that?!
 
 We went on another exchange this week, and I couldn't help but get some fun pictures when we found a secret pathway in a huge neighborhood. :)
 
Exchanges on Tuesday with Sister Durrant
I couldn't help but get some fun pictures when we found a secret pathway in a huge neighborhood. :)
 
 This week on Friday I went to Mission Leadership Council. I was asked on Thursday to do a musical number for it, so I found a song and sang it. It was Lead Kindly Light. It was really fun! And it was a very pretty arrangement.
 
MLC (Mission Leadership Council)
Me and Sister Swanson, my STL companion. This is us after MLC.
Sister Clement, Sister Swanson, me, and Sister Porter
Have a great week, everybody!

With love,
Sister Minson

No comments:

Post a Comment