Monday, June 27, 2016

Week 45

FLORIDA IS SO HOT!  But it's weird, because its a very different kind of hot. I still don't quite get it. I'm just glad I'm only serving one summer here. Woohoo! The spring, fall, and winter are really nice.

Well, both Sister Hunt and I are staying in Odessa for another transfer!  Our new mission president, President Cooper arrives tomorrow! President and Sister Cusick leave on Wednesday, and we are having zone meet-the-new-president meetings. Ours is on July 1st.

I've got a few experiences I'd like to share with you all:

We met a less active while we tracting last week. She has children and a husband who are not members of the church. We ran into her again on Tuesday and she told us she would like to have Family Home Evening in a members house so she could see how to hold FHE for her family. It was super awesome! We are working on getting that set up.

On Wednesday I had an interesting experience. It wasn't necessarily fun, but it was something. We went to contact a potential, and she was busy. But her neighbor was outside, so we went to talk to her. She told us that her neighbors(on the other side) might be interested in a prayer because their father was having some major health problems. We went over to offer the prayer, and a daughter answered the door. She told us kindly she wasn't interested. So we kept tracting the loop. As we came down from a house, an angry looking man was standing outside. He asked if we were just working the neighborhood, because he's the son of the man with health struggles. We told him his neighbor thought he might need a prayer. The man got really angry at us and started yelling and cursing at us for offering to pray. He said his dad didn't need Mormons to pray for him, and said some things about why Mormons are always persecuted. We walked away, and he stopped and went back inside. It was pretty scary, I'll be honest, but afterwards I mainly felt bad for him because he was under so much stress and pressure for his father's health. That night I prayed for him and asked that Heavenly Father would help him feel peace and one day have his heart softened to the gospel. I think I learned the importance of forgiving others that day. That was a powerful experience for me because I felt charity for him, even though he was yelling and cursing at us. I know God and Jesus love him, and he is my brother. I love him too.

On Saturday we had a fantastic experience which was definitely a miracle from faith. We have been diligently asking for referrals from everyone, even though most everyone says no. We were tracting and met a lady (named H) who appreciated what we were doing but said she was too tired right now. We asked her for referrals. She told us her neighbor across the street recently had a death in her family, and we could go pray with her. So we went, and we met Natalia. That was a fantastic experience because we were able to pray with her and help her feel peace. We also had the opportunity to testify of truth to someone who was genuinely listening. I miss having those opportunities. I really needed to meet her, and she really needed to meet us. It was definitely a miracle. 

I hope these experiences were able to inspire or help you in some way! I am so grateful for my mission. We are working hard and I love this gospel.

Me with one of our recent converts! I love her!


With love,
Sister Minson

No comments:

Post a Comment