Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 34

This was maybe the stressiest week of my mission!

Monday- We picked up Sister Clement from the Mission Office who had taken her companion there to go home, and came back to our area, where we cleaned, emailed, shopped, etc. That was just stressful because there were 3 people. Monday while we were emailing we found out whether we were staying or transferring. I learned I was staying with Sister Hunt! We called our ZL who gave us permission to go help Sister Clement prepare her apartment for other missionaries, so we drove there that night, started packing, slept there, then finished getting the apartment good to go the next day.  We had a fun time with a REALLY loud washing machine, some hot pudding and Ice Cream (together. It was good!) and a sleepover on the floor. (We are still 19 year olds, even if we are missionaries. We can have fun :)

Tuesday: We woke up, exercised, got ready, and did personal study. We then began to clean and pack up the apartment. We were able to get everything done and get back to our apartment before dinner time. After dinner, we walked to the neighborhood north of us and we met an awesome family! A couple was walking down the street. We said hi to them, they asked who we were, then they asked us to follow them to their house. They wanted to talk to us. We hesitantly followed them over, and then they invited us in. They gave us water and told us that they were looking for a church and they wanted to come to ours. We asked a lot of questions and they told us how they've been looking to change their lives around, to become happier, to find peace. We taught them the restoration and committed them to come to church.

We took Sister Clement to transfers on Wednesday. While we were there, we helped some sister missionaries who were pretty stressed out about transfers, and I had the opportunity to calm one of them down a little bit by going out for ice cream :) After transfers, we went home and then began a whirlwind of fast days. Wednesday through Saturday FLEW by. They were quieter days, with not as many crazy experiences. We taught a date set, Donna, and a Progressing Investigator, De. They both are so interested in learning more! It was great.

Oh,  there was a TORNADO on Thursday!!  It was scary. We sat in our tub.  But we lived!

Sunday was crazy, too. We went to church, and President Cusick came! He, his family, and the AP's. We had church, and actually had the opportunity to help a recent convert from New Jersey to find the classes for him and his family. His sister and aunt were with him, and some more youth in his family, and none of them were members! We took them to their classes. In Relief Society Sister Hunt and I taught the restoration under 4 minutes for the women, and it was really cool. The recent convert's sister was interested in having the missionaries come teach her! She lives in St Pete, so we referred her info to them. After church we had a youth go out with us for a little while, then we went home for dinner. That evening we street contacted in a townhouse neighborhood. We met some pretty cool people! Oh, and that family from Tuesday wasn't able to come to church because they got sick... But they still want to come!

As you can see, it was pretty stress-filled. But that is all part of life. It was really fun and I LOVE being a missionary!

With love,
Sister Minson

Me with Sister Hunt and Clement

No comments:

Post a Comment