Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 20

Hi!  So last Monday was crazy. This Monday was pretty crazy as well, although we had more time to do things, thankfully.

There is some news, though. They are changing the transfer schedule. So now we get the transfer emails on Monday night by 8, and we are expected to be in our new area by district meeting (10am) the next day. It is going to be crazy stressful. You know what else? On Saturday they brought another bed, dresser, desk, chair, etc to our apartment. There are 4 beds in there! Something is going on. Not sure what though.  Unfortunately, we aren't having transfer meetings anymore. So you won't know where I am or who I'm with until the Monday AFTER transfers, which isn't that fun for you. But that's okay.

We took Sister T to the mission office this morning. Poor thing is going home with a cast on her arm. She is really upset about that, but there's nothing she can do. The doctors think it is a radial head fracture, but they aren't sure because the swelling was so bad. She is going to see an Orthopedic doctor as soon as she gets home on Tuesday. 
I keep writing 2015 on all of my things. It's a problem.  And it got really cold here all of the sudden! I am using my coat. I wear it quite frequently. At least, I have for the past couple of days. 

We taught a lot of lessons this week though, which was super exciting! We had so many different things to do and yet we still managed to teach more than 7 lessons a day almost every day. It was a great miracle.  We met an amazing investigator named Henrine. She is very interested in learning more, and has a date set for Jan 30!  Also, do you remember Tamra? I don't know if I ever told you about her. We were teaching her for a while, and we had to drop her because she wasn't keeping commitments. But 2 months later, we get in contact with her again, teach her a lesson, and she finally came to church! It was amazing to see how sometimes people just aren't ready yet for the gospel. I hope she is ready now:)

Funny story: There are firework tents EVERYWHERE here. I was wondering for the longest time why there were so many. I didn't understand. Normally fireworks are only sold for july 4th. And then, just a few days before new years, it hit me. New Years Day! Why in the world I couldn't remember that people do fireworks on New Years, I don't know. But I finally did remember, and I was so proud of me. Then I couldn't remember what we do on New Years Day. No one was out on the street, and I kept wondering why. Then I remembered: On new years day for us, we always go on a hike, a bike ride, to the ranch, or something outdoorsy like that. So people were probably doing those things. It's funny how things like that don't really matter when you're on a mission. 

I've been on my mission for around 5 months now. Can you believe that? It really doesn't feel that long. I feel like I've only been here for maybe 1 month. But Christmas is here and gone, and the next holiday is Valentine's Day. WOAH!

I really love being a missionary. It is such a great experience and I am so grateful I am here.
With love,
Sister Minson

No comments:

Post a Comment