Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 14

The transfers email came out yesterday!  Sister Tawzer and I are staying in Palm Harbor, Sister Brown is transferring, and Sister Tawzer is going to be training a new missionary! That means we are going to be in a trio. It will be an exciting new adventure, that's for sure! So you'll see pictures of me
on Facebook on Wednesday.
 
There's this store called Publix that is AMAZING. It is like a Walmart, but its so much better. The workers are friendlier, and the food is great. We bought pumpkin pie there. I am never buying a
store-bought pie from anywhere else other than Publix ever again. Every time I take a bite, it's like Thanksgiving in my mouth. Mmmmm. It is amazing.

This week was AMAZING! We taught 49 lessons. That's right, 49. Do you want to know why? Because The Metro Training Center is phenomenal. We went to metro Tuesday after District Meeting. When we got there, we had a 4-5 hour long training where we practiced teaching situations,
we discussed companionship unity, and we did role-plays. I loved it! I really learned the value of teaching when you find, which is a principle that should be applied in missionary work. We ate dinner, had some more training, then we went to the sister's apartment where they went over the dress and grooming standards and health. We got ready for bed, and went to sleep.

Want to know the best part? I stayed in Sister Dalley's apartment! So when she got there I got to see her. It was awesome. I didn't realize how much I missed her. We talked for a little bit and I told her about Wendy's baptism, and also about Debbie and Matt. Sister Dalley is doing great.

The next morning we exercised, got ready, and went back to the church to continue training. We talked for about an hour, then we went on the USF (University of South Florida) and we taught lessons! We taught 15 lessons in one hour. I really learned from that experience. I learned that  it is so easy to contact people and teach them. So we applied that in our area when we got back! After that, we ate lunch at Panda Express, then we drove back to our area. And look what happened.
This past week we taught 49 lessons. The most I've ever taught before in one week is 24. It just shows that applying principles in Preach My Gospel really works!

Have a great week!

With love,
Sister Minson

In the van on the way to Metro!
At Metro two day training.

Storm blowing in, uh-oh, no umbrella!
Sister Brown and I in the rain!  Umbrella's this time!

Seeing Debbie at Steak and Shake.

Decorating the Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment