Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 13

 I loved this week! We taught so many people, and it all flew by.  Friday was so fun. We had Mission Leadership Council, we got to play at the beach in P-day clothes, and I participated a lot during MLC.
Mission Leadership Council in St. Petersburg! That's President right next to me:)

Wendy's baptism on Saturday!
As to why Sister Brown was with us, well that's part of a crazy story.
We lost our phone Friday night, so we woke up to banging on our door around 10:20pm that night. The Clearwater Sisters were there in their p.j.s, telling us that there was an emergency and we needed to call President Cusick right away. So we called him on their phone, and he told us about another sister in our district going home the next day, who had been having really bad back problems.  He told us that she was going to be flying home the next day at 2:45, and that would need to rearrange our schedule and that because we are STL's, we would be in charge of helping her pack, taking her to the airport, and having her companion Sister Brown stay with us until transfers next week. The thing was: we had Wendy's Baptism scheduled for 1:30, so we just knew that we were going to rely on God so much in the next 24 hours.

We went to bed, and in the morning right after exercising and getting ready, we drove to our last appointment and found our phone lying in the grass. That was a miracle. We then drove to the other Sister's apartment and packed up all of their stuff. It was going to be a vacant apartment, since President was closing their area until transfers next week. We packed and cleaned and were gone by 10:45. Throughout this entire ordeal, we were calling and texting everyone we could think of and told them that the baptism had been pushed to 3. That was overwhelming. We drove both cars back to our apartment, brought the cold food upstairs, then drove immediately to the Tampa International Airport. We got there at 12 and President took us all out to lunch at a super fancy restaurant called Brio. We ate lunch, then we took Sister C to the airport and dropped her off. We were gone again at 2, and knew that we could make it home on time, right? Wrong. We got lost 2 times, and had to stop for wifi. We finally found our way back to the church building at 3:20.

They had waited for us for Wendy's baptism. The Clearwater Sisters filled the font and got Wendy ready. I'm sad I couldn't be there to help her get ready, but I am so thankful for those sisters. As soon as
we came in the room, the service was started. Sister Tawzer and I said the talk on baptism together, and we totally winged it. We didn't prepare at all, but God was with us and helped us through it. Then we
took a picture of us with Wendy and the guy who baptized her, and then she was baptized! It was amazing to see. The next day she was confirmed in sacrament meeting. And now her grandson wants to be
baptized! So we are going to teach him.

The day wasn't over yet, though. Right after the baptism, we were able to sit and chill for a while, but then we had to go right back to work. We tracted, met a Less active who wants to come back to church, and taught a member.

So long story short, Sister Brown is going to be with us until transfers. I am so overwhelmed with that day. But it's over, and God helped us, I know it.  Honestly, I can't think of anything else that may have happened because the past 3 days have been so crazy. We have used about 250 miles in the past 3 days, so that's fun. All part of being a missionary.

With love,
Sister Minson

Stopping by a member's house to share a message :)

No comments:

Post a Comment