Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 10


At Zone training last week

Hello to the world! This week was really good. We set a date with another investigator! We taught her the restoration, I asked her to be baptized, she said yes!! Its really fun to ask people to be baptized. I know that it is what God wants them to do, and they will take it seriously. I am working on inviting people to baptism whenever we teach a lesson, whether its from tracting or an appointment. 

Street contacting is so much fun!! I really love just talking to random people and asking them if they have faith in Jesus Christ. I've also learned that optimism is really important. Your attitude and your thoughts really effect your success. When you have a positive attitude, you are so stinking happy and people see that. I love being happy! And I love being a missionary. 
 We actually don't have to stay in on Halloween! We get to go trick or treating with a family, and hand out mormon.org cards with the candy. Woohoo! It'll be so much fun. We actually are going to the trunk or treat here too! It's on Tuesday. Apparently it is HUGE. They are expecting 300+ people to come to that event. So there will be lots of investigators!

On Saturday we taught 7 lessons from Tracting! It was really cool and we met some interesting people. One guy told us that he was a prophet and that he receives revelation from God. Another one was catholic and was telling us about Mary, the Mother of the Earth. Last night we ran up the stairs and got into the apartment by 8:59. We almost were late, but I know that exact obedience brings miracles!!

This week I studied about my purpose as a missionary. I loved reading and learning about that. I have gained a better understanding of what I am called to do here in Florida. I learned that even if people don't accept our message, if we taught them that God loves them then we have found success! We have invited them to come closer to Jesus Christ, and we taught them something they may not have known before. 

Fun Fact: I have 27 bites on my feet. They itch so bad, and I am trying really hard not to itch them. I've started bringing my hydrocortizone cream with me, and I put it on whenever my foot starts itching. Also: Scratching bug bites here turns them into scars. I've already got lots of lovely spots on my legs from scratching bites.  I don't want ugly legs!!

Anyway. 

With enough love for the whole, wide world,

Sister Minson

No comments:

Post a Comment