Monday, July 25, 2016

Week 49

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING:

What a great week! (Not that the week itself was fantastic. We were able to find 3 new investigators, but it was actually pretty mediocre.) But because I did everything I could to be happy and positive, I FELT like it was the best week ever. I am grateful for that lesson. I will continue to apply it in my mission experience, and the rest of my life.

A quote I read last week "Whatever hour God has blessed you with, take it with grateful hand, nor postpone your joys from year to year, so that in whatever place you have been, you may say that you have lived happily." That was quoted by President Monson in his talk "Finding Joy in the Journey", but it was said by Horace, a Roman philosopher. It has become my mantra! I want to be able to say I was happy my entire life, even in the hard times. Rough spots can't get me down!

 We had an interesting experience this past week. I went on an exchange with Sister Sackley, and we found and taught a woman who was totally engaged and was feeling the Spirit. She was asking us questions and we could tell she was learning. We taught her the entire restoration and then at the end invited her to pray about it. We said "Will you pray to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet?" And she said "Honestly, probably not." It was soul-crushing! But I knew that she knew exactly what she was doing. We promised her blessings, testified of truth, and invited her to act. And she chose not to. It's sad when that happens because I just want everybody to feel the Spirit and want to keep commitments, but she chose to stay with the limited light she had. Which is very sad. But it was a great experience because I was able to teach her and testify boldly. I love being a missionary!
Me and Sister Sackley on exchanges!

All four of us after exchanges (Me, Sister Hunt, Sackley and Sutton)
 My mom sent me the following quote this week, and I just love it. Life is better when you're laughing. Missionary work is better when you're laughing. That is the truth. Have a great week everybody!


With love,
Sister Minson






Us in the rain!
A crazy foresty neighborhood we found






No comments:

Post a Comment